Jason B. Shane
Jason was admitted to the State Bar of California in 2007 and practices exclusively in the areas of Family Law and Estate Planning. Prior to transitioning to Family Law and Estate Planning, Jason represented high profile clients in complex litigation matters and negotiated complex purchase and grant agreements on behalf of one of the premier universities in the Bay Area. Jason’s legal background, involving complex transactions and litigation, provides a solid foundation for Jason to resolve complex financial issues that arise in family law.
Jason uses his wealth of experience to provide effective representation and positive results to clients navigating divorce, division of property, establishment of spousal and child support and child custody matters. Jason has the added benefit of estate planning experience which enables clients to effectively prepare estate plans post-separation and divorce.
Originally from Connecticut, Jason graduated from the University of Michigan, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature, studies that included a semester in University College London’s Comparative Literature program. He received his law degree from UC Hastings where he served as a Notes Editor on the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal (Comm/Ent) and worked as a Legal Extern to the Honorable James Lambden, Associate Justice for the California Court of Appeal, District Two.
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Juris Doctor – 2007
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- B.A. – 2001
- California, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- State Bar of California
- Marin County Bar Association (MCBA)
- Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF)
- Who Owns A Home Run? The Battle of the Use of Player Performance Statistics by Fantasy Sports Websites, 29 Hastings Comm. & Ent L.J. 241 (2007)