Skip to content
Call Today: 415-482-0441

You May Be Able To Modify Your Agreement Or Court Order

When you sign an agreement or the court issues an order regarding matters such as spousal support, child support, or child custody, the agreement or order is enforceable. However, if circumstances change or you discover new information, you may be able to modify your order.

If your situation has changed and the court order in place no longer works for your new situation, then please contact Rachel Castrejon Family Law & Mediation in San Rafael to find out your options. Attorney Rachel Castrejon is a Certified Marin County Family Law Specialist in California and has more than 20 years of family law experience. She understands the complexities of the laws in California and is capable of helping you navigate any family law issue or legal process.

When Can You Modify An Agreement Or Court Order?

If you experience a significant change in circumstances that you believe affects the terms of your settlement or court order, you should seek the advice of counsel about your modification option. For instance, if you lose your job, have an extraordinary medical issue or discover that your children are at risk because the other parent is abusing drugs or alcohol or is being abusive to the children, you may be able to ask the court to modify your agreement or court order. Likewise, if you discover that your spouse lied to you or failed to disclose an asset prior to your signing the agreement, you may be able to set aside the agreement or court order.

What Should You Do If Your Circumstances Have Changed?

Find out what options you have by calling Rachel and scheduling an appointment. Rachel will be able to guide you through the various options for resolution of what matters to you. To contact the firm, call 415-482-0441 or send Rachel an email using this online contact form.